PRSA Georgia is excited to partner with Coca-Cola to host our 2019 Annual Conference. This marquee event brings leading communications pros together with students from around the Southeast for a day of educational sessions, professional development, top-notch networking and cross-generational perspective on the public relations and communications fields during this time of unprecedented change. Our interactive sessions and roundtables address the challenges facing the industry at all levels, including mid-level to seasoned professionals, young professionals and PR students ready to jumpstart their careers. Learn how you can save money on this year’s programming with the annual pass. Find out more.
Keynote & Breakout Sessions
Professionals and students will come together for the keynotes and morning breakout sessions. In the afternoon, students will participate in a career fair and networking roundtables while professionals can attend more breakouts.
You won’t want to miss a keynote presentation from Bea Perez, Senior Vice President and Chief Communications, Public Affairs, Sustainability and Marketing Assets Officer for The Coca-Cola Company. Named one of the “25 Most Powerful Latinas” by both CNN and People en Español, Perez carries a powerful message with a powerful purpose. Integrated communications, sustainability, water stewardship, women’s economic empowerment and entertainment partnerships are hot topics in today’s Public Relations industry. Perez oversees all of them for one of the world’s most valuable brands. She also serves on the board of The Coca-Cola Foundation, the Company’s global philanthropic arm. Hear directly from Perez on how she’s creating a lasting, positive difference for consumers, communities and the environment.
The Annual Conference’s breakout sessions will explore the most pressing trends and topics from across the PR and communications landscape, and provide tips that you can take back to your office or use in your own day-to-day efforts. New sessions and speakers will be added leading up to the conference, with preliminary topics including:
- Crisis Communications: Damage Control in Action
- HR 101: Job Search and Career Management Tips for Young and Veteran Pros
- Building/Refining Your Personal Brand
- Who’s Your Company? Building an Employer Brand
- Delivering Killer Campaigns on a Tight Budget
- A B2B Marketing Crash Course: How to Stand Out in a Crowded Space
- Working Together: A Deep Dive into Agency/Client Relationships
- Beyond the Buzzword: How PR Pros can Navigate Diversity Challenges
Career Fair & Networking Roundtables
Following the keynote luncheon, students will have the opportunity to build their network and learn about open internships/positions at our annual Career Fair. Representatives from a host of the Southeast’s most notable communications companies will be on hand to answer your burning questions and share insights that can help you land your next role. The networking roundtables session offers students direct access to Atlanta’s leading PR experts through small, topically-driven group discussions. The fast-paced format empowers students to dig deeper into a variety of specialized topics more suited for their personal interests. Each roundtable is available on a first come, first served basis. Don’t miss the opportunity to connect with professionals and learn valuable career tips. Bring your resumes and business cards!
Check back here and follow PRSA Georgia’s social channels for programming updates leading into the 2019 Annual Conference.
Early Bird Deadline: Now– Jan. 22, 2019
- Professionals: PRSA Georgia member $150; Non-member $180
Regular Deadline: Jan. 23, 2019 – Feb. 11, 2019
- Professionals: PRSA Georgia member $170; Non-member $215
Late Deadline: Feb. 12 – Feb. 18, 2019
- Professionals: PRSA Georgia member $190; Non-member $250
- Complimentary coffee and tea will be provided upon arrival, as well as an afternoon snack. Breakfast items may be purchased from a café near the entrance.
- A boxed lunch will be provided, and attendees will have an opportunity to network during the lunch hour.
- Parking will be free for attendees. Attendees will need to park in an adjacent lot and shuttle to the main campus.
- All reservations are final. There are no cancellations and PRSA Georgia does not issue refunds for the registration fee.